Improve Mobility & Motion
Aspire’s physical therapists are experts in improving mobility and flexibility. Pain-free movement is crucial to your quality of life, your ability to earn a living, your ability to pursue your favorite leisure activities, and so much more.
- Movement is essential to physical activity, which is necessary to prevent obesity, which is responsible for at least 18 percent of US adult deaths.
- Mobility is crucial for physical independence. Studies suggest that walking alone can reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, hip fracture, and knee arthritis.
- Consistent movement is vital to maintaining a healthy balanced system, which can help prevent costly falls.
Avoid Surgery and Prescription Drugs
While surgery and prescription drugs can be the best course of treatment for certain diagnoses, there is increasing evidence demonstrating that conservative treatments like physical therapy can be equally effective (and cheaper) for many conditions.
- Low back pain is routinely over-treated despite abundant evidence that physical therapy is a cost-effective treatment that often avoids advanced imaging scans like MRIs that increase the cost of care and the likelihood for surgery and injections.
- Physical therapy has proven as effective as surgery for meniscal tears and knee osteoarthritis, rotator cuff tears, spinal stenosis, and degenerative disk disease, among other conditions.
Participate In Your Recovery
Aspire’s Physical therapists work collaboratively with their patients. Treatment plans are designed for the patient’s individual goals, challenges, and needs. Receiving treatment by a physical therapist is rarely a passive activity; participating in your own recovery can be empowering. In many cases, our patients develop an ongoing relationship with their physical therapist to maintain optimum health.